Happy Halloween to our freezing friends and family back East and hot and sweaty pals in the West!
She insisted on wearing her favorite pink fluffy dress, princess jelly heals from Grammy, a crown I bought from a craft store. I also bought a magic wand that she decorated then broke in half by accident. I gave her a necklace that Aunt Em gave me and her bridesmaids to jazz up her costume. Her outfit was complete on this 90 degree spooky day!
Ah, and now Faven. The queen of hand-me-downs. We weren't about to put on a huge furry costume so we plopped on a bear hat and mittens compliments our our friend, Carrie. 
Layla practiced her trick-or-treating skills with Dad before her and I started our night around 6pm. Layla was most excited to come home and snack on her goodies and give candy out to kids knocking on our door.
Faven was busy all week preparing for the holiday.
Over the weekend we went to a "Boo Bash" with friends and trick-or-treated at our library. We made lots of homemade decorations, pumpkin and chocolate chip muffins, and carved a huge pumpkin.
![]() |
| As if you couldn't guess.. Uncle Key-Key, Me, Aunty Em, Aunt Meggy. |
Maybe one year I will get the time, energy and creativity to make Layla and Faven homemade costumes that are as half as elaborate as these. I have some huge shoes to fill! Thanks Grammy for making our childhood Halloweens unforgettable!




No comments:
Post a Comment