Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Play Nice

Layla is the best big sister and Faven is the best little sister. They really play so nicely together. As we know, Layla has a strong, dramatic, and spunky personality. She demands a lot, but that does not mean she gets what she wants. Luckily she has a sister that shares very well. Faven is great about giving Layla what she wants only when she asks nicely. Layla says,  "Faven, may I have that puppy dog sticker, please?" and then she reaches out her hand. If Layla is calm, Faven will surely give it to her. Smart girls, I'll tell you what!

We love watching them play together. It is finally at the point that they don't need Mom and Dad to intervene or facilitate an activity from start to finish. This is what I have been waiting for some time now. Joey and I can finally sit together in the living room after dinner and  chat while Faven and Layla play in Layla's room upstairs. They wrestle, read books, jump on the bed, play board games, play night-night, and talk to Jenny the bear...you know, the usual.  We keep a close eye on the steps, listen well, but overall, they are on their own. They like it that way, and so do we!
Layla putting on Faven's shoes. I had to help just a little. 



Parallel play. 
Sweet and messy girl. 
Layla dong a big girl science experiment using baking soda, vinegar and food coloring. 
Faven sits close by Layla and colors. 
A Fort. Tons of fun. 

No comments: