
-this is not a new ultrasound picture-
Last week our doc said that the baby’s head is “down” (baby positioned upside down) but since I haven’t “dropped” (baby closer to the birth canal) the baby can still move around to a completly different position. I thought this was hard to believe until lately I have felt a lot of pressure at the bottom of my belly. It feels (I hope this isn’t gross to anyone) like her feet are kicking my cervix, hard. It usually occurs when I'm up moving around or on a walk and it isn’t a pleasant feeling. I initially thought her butt was positioned on the top right side of my belly and her feet dangling on the middle left side but I do have an active imagination, although, she doesn’t seem to have much room in there.
Another interesting and uncomfortable observation during this stage of my pregnancy is the increased regularity of Braxton Hicks contractions. For those of you not familiar with this term, it is basically the baby practicing for labor. My belly becomes as hard as a bowling ball and appears to be lopsided… very very strange looking. These fake contractions usually last less than a minute and several symptoms arise including mini headache, pressure to the head, and shortness of breath. Again, this only lasts for seconds so it’s nothing to worry about… it just comes with the ride. I started having these contractions around 25 weeks; they are now just stronger and cover more ground.
Okay, so enough complaining. There are few good things that have happened to my body that call for some bragging rights. My nails have grown so that you can see white past my fingers (I’m not known to have nice long nails), my hair is thick and growing fast, and my boobs are (slightly) bigger! Too bad this will all discontinue once I give birth but at least I will have my eyesight back! I am blind as a bat right now and I can’t wear my contacts because they give me a headache and dry out my eyes. Oopps, I said enough with the complaining! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment