Saturday, June 9, 2012

Red Rocking It

Joey and I went to Sedona, AZ when we were dating way back when. Pre-kids. Pre-marriage. Pre-camera obsession so I don't have any pictures, at least not in digital form, of us at a sweet lodge in the woods. Seven years later, I finally made it back to Sedona last weekend with my sister, Emily, who was visiting for the week. I'll write about our entire trip soon. 

It was a perfect day trip for us. We left the house at 8am and stopped midway at McDonalds for oatmeal and yogurt parfaits. We arrived in Sedona before 10am. We hiked, window shopped, and ate lunch in the heart of Sedona at a Mexican restaurant. Our most favorite part of the day was doing a wine tasting at a little place with an amazing view of red rock. We basically giggled, drank, ate and giggled some more that Tuesday afternoon. We kept saying to each other, "this is the best date ever"! 
We didn't have plans as to where we should hike. We turned into a random neighborhood and found a trail at a dead end street. We saw the "Pink Jeep Tour" drive by so we knew we hit the jack-pot.  Red rock was so close to the road that our hike was short lived which was fine by us. It was an extremely windy day but the breeze felt nice. Sedona is typically 10 degrees cooler than Phoenix. It didn't reach 90 degrees that day- a cool break from 108 just a few days ago. 
After lunch we found a small wine bar with an awesome view. 
Our view at the inside-outdoor wine bar. 
Emily ordered a terrible pomegranate margarita. You know it was horrible tasting when we couldn't finish it between the two of us!! I wouldn't have minded a cold beer but my head hurt from the change in elevation. Our waitress told us that we were at 4,000 feet above sea level. 
A beautiful outdoor shopping center in Sedona.

We enjoyed our date in Sedona and made it back home to put Layla to bed. Faven was already asleep. Emily and I were exhausted and were asleep before 9pm that night. 

No comments: