Monday, May 28, 2012

Cool Chipmunks

We had unseasonably low temperatures on Saturday, May 26th. It dropped from 108 one day to  80 degrees the next. I can't tell you how excited I was all week for this cool day to arrive.  Faven and I walked to soccer fields near our house early that morning and did a few drills (i.e. chasing after Mom) while Layla and Dad went to the grocery store. I dressed Faven in long sleeves and pants so the brisk air wouldn't touch her skinny little frame. Let's face it, at 19 lbs 7 oz, 18 month old, Faven doesn't have much chubs to keep warm. We hung out as a family outback and took another trip to the park mid-day. Any other day, a walk to the park on a summer afternoon would be a trip to hell and back. Non-pool or splash park activities are only manageable before 9:30am. 

A short (fast motion) clip of my chipmunks playing "keep a way". 

Layla and our two owls that DO NOT keep the pigeons away. 
That evening, we went out to dinner at Crust Pizzeria with the boys (aka. Chad, Joe, Cody and Hixson). We don't take the girls out to restaurants very often but they did surprisingly well. Layla flirted with the boys and Faven played intensely with the sugar packets. When they started to get antsy in their seats, I took them on a short walk outside. 

No comments: