 |
| Hello Kitty band aid will save the day! |
When I was Layla's age I was obsessed with a few random things. Toilet paper and band aids are two examples. I'm not sure what the story is behind me loving toilet paper but I do recall having more than 3 band aids stuck on my body on any given day. I would keep them on for days at a time. Of course, not as long as we kept our Sandcastle and Kennywood wrist bands on each summer. Although, I kept it on long enough for a dirty outline of the band aid to remain on my knobby knees. I even got a package of toilet paper and a box of band aids for my birthday one year. They were my most favorite gifts.
Layla has been telling us about her very subtle "boo-boos" for a while now and we knew this day would come. "I need a BAN-BAN"! She used to ask for a band aid a manageable amount, maybe once a week, but she is currently asking us for a ban-ban more than 10 times per day!! Her need for ban-bans increased ever since she told the nurse at a well visit about an invisible scratch on her finger. With much empathy, the nurse wrapped a beautiful shinny-glittery band aid around her finger. She was thrilled and her mood changed instantly. Layla was the best patient that day and charming as can be. We better stock up!!!
I imagine Faven's need for band aids will start sooner...
 |
Layla: Looky here, Faven. It's a magical ban-ban and you can't have one...of course.
You are a baby and I'm a big girl! |
 |
| Layla: ZAP! I'm Princess Presto (from Super Why). |
 |
| Faven: Wow, Layla. You are so right. Let me take a closer look. |
 |
| Faven: OK OK, I said I believed you! |
 |
| Faven: My sister is silly. I'm just glad she let me sit with her on this towel. |
P.S. Layla is not wearing a dress. You won't be seeing many pictures with Layla's pants/shorts on. One less step to take when trying to get ready to use the potty.
No comments:
Post a Comment