I find it hard to believe I am a Mother of not one, but two wonderful girls. This is my third Mother's Day. Time flies. Unfortunately, this was the second year that someone in the house was sick on Mom's Day. Last year, I had morning sickness and this year Layla spiked a high fever. Her 104 degree temperature quickly decreased after a dose of Ibuprofin and a family viewing of Toy Story 3, which happened to be the first full length movie she had ever watched. Great movie! The girls (and Joey) made me homemade gifts including a flowerpot with Layla's and Faven's fingerprints and certificate for winning best Mom. The girls' caretaker, Sarah (I'll have to tell you all about this wonderful woman at a later date) helped the girls make (or vise versa) a picture collage on her home computer and a bouquet of flowers using tissue paper and a toilet paper roll. I much rather get hand crafted flowers than the real thing any day! They know me so well. The relaxing day ended with pizza takeout from Crust. Yum. As for Layla, her high temperature was a symptom of two bad ear infections. Poor girl had one too many ear infections in her day. Around 6, but who is counting.
1 comment:
This is so awesome! :) Lovely gifts for a lovely mom!!
Post a Comment