
Nothing like spending one of the nicest days of the year in bed or glued to the couch. Yup, I am sick on Mother's Day. Terrible... I feel terrible. Ever since Layla came home from daycare with a temperature of 102 degrees earlier this week the Yacob's have been dropping like flies. Layla recovered quickly without other symptoms besides a diaper rash. Joey struggled through a miserable stomach bug just a few days ago. Well, I guess it was my turn to pay my dues. I was up all night tossing and turning and finally, without going into much detail, got most of it out of my system. This morning Joey and Layla surprised me with breakfast in bed (what my stomach could handle at the moment; one piece of toast), a colorful bouquet of flowers, a huge Mother's Day balloon (a gift
for Layla), and several more thoughtful gifts. Even though my stomach was still turning, it brightened my morning just to see my spunky little girl and loving husband by my side. Happy Mother's Day to my Mom, my pregnant (35 weeks) sister, Megan and all my Mommy friends!


Mommies!

My parents always seem to visit at just the right time. Grammy and Pap-pap are helpful, entertaining and fun! Too bad our Mother's Day plans changed quite a bit. Instead of going out for brunch with the family and getting pedicures, Pap-pap and Grammy took Layla out so that Joey and I could rest. Layla LOVES when Grammy and Pap-pap visit!

14 Months
1 comment:
Im so sorry you were sick!! Im glad you had some help around. Happy mothers day :) xoxo
Post a Comment