Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Around the Corner

Grammy McPeak left yesterday and the day doesn't seem right without her. I am used to hearing Grammy and Layla reading Sesame Street books and talking about what Santa will bring on Christmas morning. I would hear Layla yelling "Senta, Senta" (yup, with an "e") and giggling about Oscar the Grouch and his ewy gooey friend worm, Slimey.

I recovered from my c-section very quickly this time around so I was out and about even before Grammy arrived. Grammy and Layla have a lot of energy, so Faven and I did the best we could to match their enthusiasm. Go, Grammy, Go!

Grammy raised 4 wonderful kids (if I do say so myself), therefore we knew we were in good hands. We ate well and laughed hard all week!
Layla listening to Grammy sing Christmas carols.
Christmas came early. Grammy brought two huge luggage bags full of Christmas gifts for the kids! I'm not sure how Santa can match Pap-pap and Grammy's generosity.

We were lucky to have two lovely ladies helping out our growing family the first 19 days of Faven's life. Thank you again, Kiddy and Grammy for taking the time to care for all of us!

No comments: