Friday, December 2, 2011

A Proud "Sisterfriend"

This isn't a typical post, but I feel the need to express how proud I am of my big sister, Megan for passing the EPPP which is the psychology licensing exam. She now has the option to have her own private practice in the future. Seriously impressive and really, how cool is that?!  She can do it all. She works full time as a School Psychologist and some how found time to study 20+ hours a week and raise and love my lil man, her son and my big boy nephew, Carterman with her husband, Timmy who works from home and travels on business.

My sister posted about her big accomplishment here. What I love most about her post is her "acceptance speech" (see below). Well said, Meg. You did it for you, you did it for your family. You really are making a great example for Carter and not to mention Layla and Faven... and all of the little future McPeak/Davis/Yacob. I'm so happy for you, Sisterfriend!

Now is the time that I give my acceptance speech: Timmy pretty much made this happen. I was certainly not the primary caregiver to little man these last several months. He did most of the cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, and caregiving (yup, I'm pretty lucky). I swooped in to eat, sleep, and play with Carter in spurts in between working and studying; Timmy would be lucky to get a few minutes of my time. This was a toll on the family, but we knew in advance that there would be sacrifices, and that it wouldn't be forever. We all felt it was worth it, and I can only hope that I was a good example for Carter, whether or not he realizes it. A big motivation was that Daddeo studied and passed this same exam 20 years ago with 4 kids and a full-time job too (and my mom was the one holding it all together).
OBX 2011 - Davis Family & Yacob Family

2 comments:

Megan McPeak Davis said...

Geez, that's nice, thanks Sisterfriend!

Team Yacob said...

You are welcome.