Sunday, May 22, 2011

Faven is 6 Months

Faven Ann Yacob
Age: 5.9 months
Weight: 14 lbs (15 percentile)
Height: 25.5 in (40 percentile

Above are the stats of a peanut. The doctor isn't concerned, just surprised she isn't as big as her sister at this age (Layla- 50% in height and 95%+ in height). A friend said that Faven will grow up to be a Libero Defensive Specialist like her short Mom (5'7" one of the smallest players on the team) and Layla will grow up to be a Hitter. I can picture it! Go Hokies!

Faven's schedule looks something like this.

5:30am - Wake-up (plays in her crib for 20-30 minutes)
5:50am - Nurse
6:10am - Play in doorway jumper or bumbo chair
6:30am - Drive to childcare
6:40am- Nap for 15 minutes in car
7:00am - Arrive at childcare
7:05am- Play - sit/held while older kids eat breakfast & play
8:15am - Cereal made with 2.5 oz of formula and 1 oz of veggie
8:45am - Bottle (3 oz of breast milk)
9:15am - Nap for 1 1/2 hours
10:30am - Play- exersaucer- sit surrounded by boppy pillow
12:00pm - Cereal made with 2.5 oz of formula and 1 oz of veggie
12:30pm - Bottle (3 oz of breast milk)
12:45pm- Play - tummy time- exersaucer
1:30pm- Nap for 1 hour
2:30pm - Play - sitting, tummy time, exersaucer, bouncy chair
2:45pm - Bottle (4 oz of formula)
4:30pm - Pick-up from childcare
4:45pm - Nap for about 15 minutes in car
5:00pm - Arrive at home
5:10pm - Nurse
5:30pm - Play- doorway jumper or sit in bumbo chair while family eat dinner
6:15pm - Bedtime routine
6:25pm- Nurse and 2 -3 oz bottle of formula if desired
6:45pm - Sleep
9:45pm - "Dream feed" Nurse and an occasional 1-2 oz bottle of formula

Eat
Around 4.5 months we added rice cereal to her diet and gradually added oatmeal, wheat and whole grain cereals. She loves them all. As of last weekend, we introduced peas. She doesn't mind it, but surely doesn't love the taste of peas. We will add another veggie in the next few days and slowly bring in fruits (avocado) and yogurt/cottage cheese in the few weeks. Last, we will include meats to her diet. Bring on the baby rolls!!

P.S. I pump twice during my work day around 10am and 3pm. I take home around 6 oz. I produced around 12oz-15oz during my work day before she started on solids 2 months ago. I will be honest, I hate pumping and couldn't bare to continue to pump 3x per day. Maybe that is just one of many mistakes... lazy perhaps. However, I did beat my record. I am nursing 1 month longer than I did with Layla. So far, so good. I don't feel guilty supplementing with formula this time around; that's the best part. Us Moms feel guilty about one to many things. We do what we can. Faven is happy, I'm happy. It's all good.

Sleep
She sleeps well and wakes up happy for the most part at 6 months. She is a bit fussy in the last hour before bed, but that is to be expected. If she is more irritable than usual, we don't hesitate to put her down earlier.

Play
Like most babies, she loves our undivided attention...and we are killin to give her some after a long day of work. She loves to be tickled on her belly and massaged from head to toe. Faven is having fun in her doorway jumper and exersaucer. She likes to crunch anything that makes noise.
I'll say it again and again, Faven is a DOLL baby. Porcelain skin and big dark brown eyes; we can't take our eyes off of her. She has a beautiful demeanor. She speaks with a purpose and wants to be heard. She laughs hard and cries little. She is our doll baby and we love her.

Links

No comments: