I just finished reading the post titled "Potty Time" that addresses 19 month old Layla's interest in the potty. Her interest dwindled the day after I published that post. Why am I not surprised - I tend to jinx any new milestone on a weekly bases.
About 6 months later she got the urge to try and seriously use the pot yet again. Her doctor told us not to bother "pushing" her to use the potty until she is about 2 1/2 years of age. Layla insisted to take a seat this time around and we did not hesitate to direct her to her bright green potty that has been residing in numerous cubbies around the house. My Mom suggested that we keep the potty in plain site rather than keeping it in the bathroom for now. A constant reminder.
The other night when Joey, Faven and I were helping her get ready for bed, she said she needed to use the potty. Her asking to use the potty might be a ploy to stay up past her strict 7pm curfew. We fell for it... and worth it. She sat on the potty and tooted, farted(who uses that word anymore) or bouffed (a McPeak family favorite) several times. Each time she made a noise, she looked down to see if anything landed in the dusty hole that has never been used to its' full potential. We clapped and cheered her on for a few long minutes. Nothing came out. Just like her sitting on the potty with a bare bum for the first time many monhts ago, we think her tooting while sitting on the pot is a HUGE step. How many steps will it take to hear a "plop plop" or "pssss" just like her animals do so nicely when using her pot? The world may never know.
No comments:
Post a Comment