It got down to the 20s and 30s overnight this week and boy was it cold! We had several overnight freeze warnings in effect until around 10am and you know that that means...or maybe you don't. Arizonans cover their cacti and other plants with blankets and sheets the evening before in parkas and snow boots hoping to save the life of their desert landscapes. Us, well, not so much. It was so cold that part of our sidewalk was frozen from the overflow of water trickling from our underground sprinkling system. I like to get the girls outside everyday because it's BEAUTIFUL this time of year. This week was a bit different. We bundled-up in the warmest cloths we owned which includes sweat shirts, light jackets, and hats if we are lucky. Around 3:30pm we ventured out for a long walk to the park. As soon as we got outside Layla, at one time excited to go outside, bursts into tears. I guess she wasn't expecting this sunny day to be so cold and windy. I admit, we have become wusses and only made it around the block.
Layla was so cold I gave her my sweatshirt to wear.

Brisk baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment