
We go to the Train Park almost every week. Since this beautiful park is just right down the street, Joey and I alternate taking Layla while the other cooks, cleans, run errands or just relaxes.
Here is 20 month year old Layla climbing a "big kids" mountain. She kept asking for help, but I didn't lend a hand. However, I did give her a couple words of encouragement. I knew she could do it on her own... and she did! Go Layla!
People watching.I love watching her interact (or not interact) with other kids. We are not the type of parents to direct her every move or comment on her every decision. You would be surprised to hear other parents narrate their kids' (of all ages) every move. Layla is a big girl, she will figure it out sooner or later. You will never find Joey and I to be "helicopter" parents. That's just not our style.
Layla is growing up to be (at her own pace) a strong, independent, assertive, creative, fun loving kid! I just love Layla's enthusiasm, curiosity, and growing personality. She is so much fun to be around.
No comments:
Post a Comment