At our first ultrasound over 10 weeks ago, we didn't find out the sex of the baby like we had hoped. Uncharacteristically of a Yacob/McPeak, the baby was shy that morning. We were so disappointed that at my next prenatal check-up, I told my doctor about our experience and asked if there was any reason for us to get a second ultrasound. She kindly wrote a prescription and said this would be a good opportunity to check the baby's size and development. About 29 weeks pregnant, we discovered that the baby's head was down and weighed about 3.5 lbs. However, yet again, the baby was timid and would not uncross his/her legs. I have a feeling that our baby is a boy for several reasons. I have dreams that Layla has a baby brother (the boy is born with a fullset of teeth- gotta love pregnancy dreams). Also, the technician never said, "girl" as she continued searching for a "tink" or a "turk" (girl/boy parts). She just kept saying, "I think it's a boy, but it's hard to tell". We believe that this technician never gives a straight answer to any couple...so we will leave it at that. I guess we will have to wait to find out on November 23rd!
1 comment:
Okay so I knew we were due around the same time but I didn't know our due dates were 3 days apart?!?! I also think this is God's way of telling you he wants you to be suprised. I do think it would be cool if you had a boy - maybe we could co-ordinate when we go into labor so they are born on the same day ;)
Post a Comment