Saturday, August 21, 2010

Big Sister Practice

Layla (18 months) played the role of 'big sister' this weekend with our new friend, Miss Molly (6 weeks). At our morning playdate, Molly was simply a doll, and, well, Layla was not as charming. Her jealousy kicked in full speed when I held Molly in my arms. She was so confused and frustrated why all eyes were NOT on her. Layla's limited amount of patience got to a point that she hit Molly over the head with her hand. Layla did not like that Molly borrowed her monkey blanket for some tummy-time. Since we have been dealing with this terrible reaction from Layla recently, I wasn't too surprised. Thankfully, Molly barely notice and Molly's mom, Jamie completely understood. Nonetheless, Layla was reprimanded with a little 'struggling beetle' time(gotta be consistent!). Layla loosened up about an hour later into our playdate. Layla showed off her coloring skills and sat nicely with Molly for a few photos. I told Jamie, (Jamie, I hope you are reading this) that we would love to watch Molly for a few hours on the weekend so that her and her husband can have a nice break and Layla can get more exposure to another baby in the house. Joey and I would love the practice, too.... and of course, Molly is a joy to be around!

1 comment:

Bethers said...

omg she's sooooo beautiful!