Thursday, June 17, 2010

Introducing my nephew, Carter Kenneth Davis!

Photo By McCrea
My oldest sister Megan and husband Timmy, brought Carter Kenneth Davis into the world safe and sound on Saturday June 12, 2010 at 11:33am. He is happy and healthy weighing 7lb 11oz, 19.5 inches. Megan labored for 31 hours before Carter was born, most of which was at their home in Springfield, VA. They kept us well informed throughout the day(s) via text, phone, and email. Megan and I even Skyped Friday when her contractions were somewhat mild. Since we are not next door neighbors, I really appreciated them keeping us “involved” in the process. We even got to meet Carter via Skype the day he was born. We were so excited to see the handsome baby. I swear, he is the cutest little baby boy I’ve ever seen. He looks so perfect, I mean, he even has dimples on his cheeks!

When we received the first picture of Carter, Layla couldn’t keep his eyes off of him. She continued to ask me to see the ‘bebee” on my phone that afternoon and shouted her own version of his name (jumbled up “Carter”). We love Carter! It will be fun to see Layla interact with her new cousin in a few months. I think Layla is confused already that Megan’s belly is “all gone”. She was infatuated with her big belly for many months, asking to show her naked belly almost every day on Skype. She will get the right idea sooner than later as her Mommy's belly is popping out now.

To read more about Carter, check out the McDavis Family blog here.

1 comment:

Megan McPeak Davis said...

Nice post, thanks Woo! Glad to hear we aren't the only ones who think he's the cutest!