Friday, July 17, 2009

Tough Love


I don't want to jinx the situation, but I have huge news! Layla sleeps through the night!!! It's a miracle and it can be done! Joey and I finally gave in to some tough love by letting her "cry it out" at night. Sounds harsh, right? This was our plan of attack. We started her bedtime routine at 7:30pm (bath, boob, bottle, bed), bottle around 1:30am at her first wakening, and when she woke for the second time we let her cry in her crib which only lasted for about 12 minutes or less. Don't get me wrong, as new parents it was extremely difficult to hear her cry. Those 9-12 minutes felt like hours. After only a few days of this it all paid off! She now goes to bed around 8pm and wakes up at 5:45am! Three consecutive days or peaceful sleep and counting...

2 comments:

Megan McPeak Davis said...

What a big girl! So does this mean through the night starting at 1:30 (without that dreadful 4:30 wake up?) or through the night starting earlier in the evening? Either way, I'm sure its nice!

Team Yacob said...

Now she sleeps from 8pm-5:45am without any interruptions!