
Layla and I flew to Pittsburgh, PA to visit my friends and family on April 23rd to May 2nd. The actual trip was a little overwhelming on my own. Nursing next to a stranger isn't my cup of tea. Joey had to stay home to work and finish his last project to complete his MBA. Layla and I are so proud of him! The ticket back to my home town was a gift from my parents since my dad was advised not to fly across country with his condition. Pappy McPeak had triple-by-pass surgery only a couple weeks after the birth of my parent’s first grandchild. Pappy recovered quickly and is just about %100. This was a shock to all because he enjoys exercising and eating well.
Layla and I had a packed schedule. Everyone wanted a chance to squeeze her chubby cheeks and give her a big kiss. Layla spent several evenings with her grandparents while I ran around the city with my sister and brother, socializing mainly…oh and taking a Zumba class with Emmy. McPeaks love to take nice long walks so we strolled Layla around the hills of Pittsburgh often. One major highlight of the week was hanging out with my bestfriend, Julie and her 6 month old, Emma. I miss the burgh!
No comments:
Post a Comment